.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Inspired by God

Writings that God has given me to share with others

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What is Your Picture of Yourself? 

What does the picture of yourself look like to you? What do you think each person around you looks like to themselves? How do you see them? How do those pictures match up?
When I was in my early twenties I was had a boy friend that never told me how he saw me or felt about me. My self image was not very good so I really never saw what he saw in me. I remember saying things that were designed to get him to tell me how I looked to him and how he felt about me. I never understood the reason I was asking the questions till years later. He always avoided answering the questions so I thought that it was because he didn’t want to hurt my feelings. I thought that he was just with me because he didn’t want to be alone. So I didn’t think much of myself. It wasn’t till years later that I found out he not only thought I was pretty but that he thought I was a great person to have as a friend. He was just too selfish to share his thoughts of me with me.

I have never had a friend longer than 5 years and usually no longer than one to two years. This led me to believe that I as unlovable. When in truth they usually stayed my friend till they got everything from me they wanted or I stopped giving. Then they left.

Are you with someone who you love and think is beautiful? Do you tell them often how you feel about them? You should. Everyone needs to hear how you feel about them often. If you do this enough then their self image and your image of them will get closer together.

Have you ever wondered how God feels about you? Since he can see directly into your heart he sees the real you. I know what some of you are saying “how can he love me if he can see the real me?” Seeing the real you makes him love you more. Despite our faults and mistakes that have colored our lives he still loves us unconditionally. He believes that you are so beautiful!!!
He tells us every day how much He loves us and how beautiful we are. He tells us in the little blessings He gives us. When we hit the green lights to get us there quicker. When we hit the red lights to avoid an accident. When He shows us something beautiful like a child playing, a beautiful sunset, a beautiful view or the scent of flowers as we drive down the road. He gives us little kisses of love every day, we just don’t recognize it most of the time.

If he can tell us so often how beautiful we are and how much he loves us why can’t we do the same for the people around us?

So here goes. . . I love you more than you will ever know. To me you are an extremely beautiful person and I am so privileged to know you and have you in my life. Thank you for being my friend, loving me and being there for me when I need you most.

posted by Yvonne  # 9:15 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?