.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Inspired by God

Writings that God has given me to share with others

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mustard Seed 

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you"


A Mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds that exist. It takes 6 pounds of Mustard seed to plant and acre but will produce 1300 pounds of mustard. That means that one mustard seed can produce 216 times its weight in just mustard, not including the leaves, stems, roots and other parts of the mustard plant. Think of the faith it would take to do what a mustard seed does without even trying. We try so hard to do things ourselves. Have you ever tried talking God into doing what you wanted him to do? Have you ever told him what you thought would be best? “If you just give me this right now my life would be set” or “If you would give me that all of my problems would be solved”.

The thing we always forget is the faith part. God has your back guys!!!! What makes you think you can do it better than he can??? The only part of the story you know is the part you have seen, right? Well, God sees the whole story and lets face it, he knows you better than you know yourself, right?

Think of it this way, you know that if you had that $100 you could pay off that light bill right now. But God knows that if you pay the $50 on it now then the $100 you are going to get next week will pay for that break job you don’t know you need yet. If he had given you the $100 this week, you would be walking or riding the bus next week until payday.

Faith is hard but it is really the only way. No matter what happens, God has your back!!! He knows what happened yesterday, he knows what is happening today and he knows what will happen next year. All you have to know is that God is going to give you the best as long as you let him do it.

I have found that no matter what happens all you have to do is trust in God that he is doing the best for you. Sometimes we mess it up but God will fix it if we just let him do it and quit interfering.

I used to try to tell God what to do and how to do it. Example: I told him I wanted a man 6 feet tall, brown eyes, and shoulder length wavy red hair. I didn’t ask for any personality traits or moral traits at all. He gave me a man with the exact physical description. He introduced me to drugs and partying. He was selfish and thought only of his own pleasure no matter how it hurt others. I lived with him for 5 years and when I left him he took 90% of everything I owned and left me with his child that he has never shown any interest in.

Several years later I asked for some one who liked my daughter and wouldn’t run around with others and someone who didn’t do drugs. So I got a man who was very kind and good hearted when he was sober. Unfortunately he was an alcoholic so he was rarely sober. And I am now raising his child alone too.

I got exactly what I asked for but not the best that God had for me. Now, at the age of 51, I am asking God for the best Christian man to share my journey in Christ with and I am leaving the rest of it up to God. I haven’t met him yet but I know he is out there and I just have to listen for God to give me directions to him when it is time. God loves me and wants the best for me but I have to have faith in him that he knows what he is doing. It took me 50 years to realize it but it is never too late, or to early to get the faith of a mustard seed.

posted by Yvonne  # 6:06 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?