.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Inspired by God

Writings that God has given me to share with others

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Fathers

The good son:

I have a son. He’s a good boy. Oh, of course he had his little fits when he was younger. I told him once we weren’t going to the zoo that day because I had to work. He hid for two hours. He got over it though. There was that time, in third grade, when he stole the lunch money. He learned that time that it wasn’t right to steal. I grounded him for a week and made him pay back double what he stole. He never again took anything that didn’t belong to him.
He’s such a smart boy. He loves school, always gets good grades and never has any serious problems. Sometime he doesn’t like to do his homework, but he gets it done. For math in seventh grade he won that academic award. He loves English too and wants to be a writer. He writes for his high school paper. There’s a scholarship he’s trying to get so for college. I got the letter in the mail today, he’s been accepted.
Lately he started thinking he was a man and didn’t have to listen to me any more. We sure have some arguments about that. He’s strong willed but that’s OK with me. You have to have a strong personality to get along in this world. He stands up for himself, never let any one beat him in a fight. He never started any fights but he sure knows how to finish them. He even stands up for the weak ones who can’t stand up for themselves. He does his chores… most of the time. Always helps his mother, even though he doesn’t like some of the things she asks him to do.
I don’t make much money but I do the best I can. He always has what he needs though. Sometimes I can’t buy the designer jeans or the name brand tennis shoes he wants but he understands. He got a job when he was 16 and started paying his own way. He’d even buy milk and bread sometimes when we were out. He buy’s his own clothes, lunch at school and gasses up the car when he borrows it.
He turned eighteen last week. He bought his own car with the money he had saved up. He was on his way home last night from the prom when a drunk driver hit him. The police said he died instantly. God, he was only eighteen. Jerry has so much left to do in his life. No father should ever have to bury his own son. I thought you were such a loving God. Why did you let my son die? Why??


The Bad son:

I have a son. I went to prison before he was born so I never even got to hold him; all I got were pictures. He never had a chance at a good life. His mother is on welfare and he wears hand me down clothes from the Good Will. I can’t blame him for how he turned out. Look at me, I wasn’t much of a father. His mother drinks too much and doesn’t take care of him right either. I know he could be a good kid if he was given a chance.
He was smart but the teachers looked down on him and wouldn’t give him a chance because of where he came from, because of who I am. Any time anything happened he was blamed, even when he wasn’t around. The other kids laughed at him and called him names. Made fun of him because of his clothes. He was in a lot of fights, got suspended a lot for that too. When he was 15 he just quit going to school. I wrote him that he should stay in school but he didn’t listen to me. It sure is hard being a father when you’re in prison.
He got in a gang. They were always doing things they shouldn’t. There was a war with another gang. My son had a gun and shot another boy. The cops got him and he went to prison too. He turned 27 last week. I didn’t get to see him in here. The Death row inmates aren’t allowed to mix with the rest of us. He died last night. They stuck a needle in his arm and killed him. I don’ believe there is a God. How could any God be so cruel? My son never had any chance in life. No breaks, nothing. I don’t see how any God could let so many bad things happen to any one person. If he is real why did would he let my son die? Why??



The Perfect Son:


I have a son. He is perfect in every way. I didn’t get to raise him. He had a good stepfather though. Taught him how to work with his hands. He always helped people when they needed it. He grew up learning to love everyone. He did things for his mother and honored her always. He never did a wrong thing in his whole life. He did worry his parents once when he was 12. He disappeared for a couple of days but they found him and he was OK.
He grew to be a good man. He never hurt anyone. By his actions and his attitude he taught people to love one another and share with those who were less fortunate than they were. When he was 30 he began his ministry and went out to teach the word of God to the world. He prayed for those in need. He loved those who were unloved. He healed those who needed healing. All he did was profess Gods word and love for all mankind. Showing the true path that all men and women should walk. Teaching right from wrong. Showing people that peace was the way of God.
He never committed a crime in his life, yet he was arrested. He never hurt any one yet he was beaten. He never shamed or belittled any one, yet he was mocked and spit upon by men of war. He lived in the way of God, yet it was the men of God who had him put to death. He died for the sins of all other men, past, present and future, yet he was perfect and never did any wrong to anyone.
Do not ask me why I let your sons die. Ask me why my son died for you and your sons and daughters. My son died so that you and your children would have everlasting life in Heaven because his father asked him to. He is the perfect son, the perfect sacrifice for your sins. All I ever asked is that you believe in me, obey my word and love me.

posted by Yvonne  # 10:57 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?