.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Inspired by God

Writings that God has given me to share with others

Thursday, November 06, 2003

April 26, 2000
The Blood That Jesus Shed


I saw their footprints
In the Blood that Jesus shed.
In the Blood I saw my sorrow
In the Blood I saw my shame
I hid my face
I tried to hide my soul
But God saw through it all
My sorrow and my shame
Wiped clean with
The Blood that Jesus shed

The soldiers stepped in his blood
I stepped on his heart
The Soldiers tortured his body
I tortured his soul
He went through the torture of his mind, body and spirit
For us he suffered
For us he died
He did this to wipe clean our sins
With the Blood that Jesus shed

I knew this in my head
But it didn’t touch my soul
I knew I was doing wrong
When I asked the question
“What Would Jesus Do?”
But I didn’t look for the answer
I did what I wanted
I followed my will
Not his
Then I saw the truth
Then I saw the answer
In the Blood that Jesus shed
In the Tears that Jesus shed

God, Please help me do better
Now that I understand
Now that I know the answer
“What Would Jesus Do?”
He would love his enemy
Forgive his tormentor
He would Cry for us
Not himself
God let me do what you want
So that the Blood that Jesus shed was not in vain
Let his tears feed my soul
Let his footsteps show me the way
Thank you Jesus
Thank you God
For loving me and saving me from myself

posted by Yvonne  # 10:56 AM


Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?